The Kvaser Mini PCI Express HS is a highly integrated CAN (controller area network) add-on board that lets embedded system developers add CAN functionality to any standard computer board with mini PCI Express capability.
The add-on board offers a single channel, high-speed CAN interface with error frame detection and on-board buffer. This board has a low profile connector that complies with the mini PCI Express standard, which connects via a cable to a DSUB connector (or other type) at the computer housing. With just the CAN communication link itself exposed, total system EMC performance is protected because all the electronics remain inside the computer housing.
– Supports a bitrate from 40 to 1,000 kbit/s and a CAN transfer rate up to 20,000 messages/s.
– Time stamp accuracy is 25 µs.
– Low profile connector complies with the mini PCI Express standard, which connects via a cable to a DSUB (or other type) at the computer housing.
– A 4-pin Molex connector provides single CAN channel access.
– Complies with EN 61000-6-2:2005, specifying EMC immunity for industrial environments.
– Operates over the industrial temperature range of -40 to +85°C.
– Kvaser’s free of charge CANLIB SDK can be used to develop software for the Mini PCI Express HS board.
– Support for Linux, in the form of drivers and a dedicated SDK, are available as a separate download